whats the point of control interface vs offline config?

whats the point of control interface vs offline config?

Irwin L.
So I can set the service passwords via service-offline-configuration to
set any sorts of passwords and even the control interface password.....
but accessing service-offline-configuration itself requires no control
password?

Is this a bug? It certainly doesnt make sense to me.

Irwin

Re: whats the point of control interface vs offline config?

B. S.
IIRC, you can only run that as admin. And as admin, all bets are off.

e.g. Admin could change the registry (and thus passwords) directly.

Other control interfaces get run as user - where the admin may have
provided them such passwords ... or not.

On 10/31/2016 07:45 AM, Irwin L. wrote:

> So I can set the service passwords via service-offline-configuration to
> set any sorts of passwords and even the control interface password.....
> but accessing service-offline-configuration itself requires no control
> password?
>
> Is this a bug? It certainly doesnt make sense to me.
>
> Irwin

Re: whats the point of control interface vs offline config?

Irwin L.
Oh, good to know, and hope that is so maybe its because i have UAC off
on my test box.