vncviewer not responding when remote system blanks screen

vncviewer not responding when remote system blanks screen

Jeffery Small
I have tightvnc viewer on a Ubuntu 15.10 system (ver. 1.3.10, the latest
in the software repository) connecting to a Windows 10 machine on my LAN
running the tightvnc server (ver. 2.7.10).  Everything works fine until the
Windows machine screensaver kicks in and blanks the screen.  At this point
the vncviewer is still connected but mouse actions are not being accepted,
so I cannot wake up the screensaver remotely.  When the local machine wakes
the screensaver, vncviewer works again.  Is there a server setting that can
be tweaked to solve this problem.?

P.S. The remote system was previously running Windows 7 with an earlier
version of tightvnc and I was not experiencing this problem.

Thanks for any pointers.

Re: vncviewer not responding when remote system blanks screen

Marco Gaiarin
Mandi! Jeffery Small
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Thanks for any pointers.

Antivirus?

Some AV solution try to ''control'' remote sesson, so some whitelisting
have to be done.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123