vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98??

Michael D. Setzer II
I had tried the the vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98, and it gives me errors that I don't
get with the 1.3.9 version.

  Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:[hidden email]
  mailto:[hidden email]
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 7,465,975.2547 | EINSTEIN 2,366,310.8609 | ROSETTA
806,865.7230

Re: vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98??

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Michael,

> I had tried the the vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98, and it gives me errors
> that I don't get with the 1.3.9 version.

Ok, I'll delay 1.3.10 a bit more and test it on Win98 tomorrow. There
should be nothing that would break operation on Win98, so most likely
it's compilation or packaging issues.

What kind of errors do you get?

Re: vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98??

Michael D. Setzer II
I would be vnced into a linux system, and a windows close box would pop up
with an button to close it. It doesn't happen often, but I never had it happen
with the previous version, and since I went back had not seen it. I just
switched back to the 1.3.10, and of course it isn't happening with a few
minuts of checking, but if it does happen again, I'll note the exact message.

Date sent:       Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:02:25 +0600
From:           Constantin Kaplinsky <[hidden email]>
To:             "Michael D. Setzer II" <[hidden email]>
Copies to:       [hidden email]
Subject:         Re: vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98??

> Hello Michael,

> > I had tried the the vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98, and it gives me errors
> > that I don't get with the 1.3.9 version.
>
> Ok, I'll delay 1.3.10 a bit more and test it on Win98 tomorrow. There
> should be nothing that would break operation on Win98, so most likely
> it's compilation or packaging issues.
>
> What kind of errors do you get?
>
> --
> With Best Wishes,
> Constantin

  Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:[hidden email]
  mailto:[hidden email]
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 7,475,975.2461 | EINSTEIN 2,370,253.3109 | ROSETTA
808,932.2168

Re: vncviewer 1.3.10 on 98??

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Michael,

> I would be vnced into a linux system, and a windows close box would
> pop up with an button to close it. It doesn't happen often, but I
> never had it happen with the previous version, and since I went back
> had not seen it. I just switched back to the 1.3.10, and of course it
> isn't happening with a few minuts of checking, but if it does happen
> again, I'll note the exact message.

Ok, please report the problem if it will show up again.

I've just tested the viewer on Win98 and it worked fine, I did not
notice any problems. I'll be releasing 1.3.10 today.