Quantcast

v2.8.5 Windows 10 - server is not correctly configured

v2.8.5 Windows 10 - server is not correctly configured

Ryan Plieth

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help explain why the MSI install switches that worked in the past with v2.7 are not working with Windows 10?  I end up getting a "server is not configured correctly" in the app event log.  What ends up resolving it is going into the TightVNC Service Configuration (Offline) and manually inputting the primary password under Server tab.

msiexec /i "tightvnc-2.8.5-gpl-setup-64bit.msi" /quiet /norestart SET_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_PASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=****** SET_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_CONTROLPASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_CONTROLPASSWORD=****** SET_REMOVEWALLPAPER=1 VALUE_OF_REMOVEWALLPAPER=0 SET_RUNCONTROLINTERFACE=1 VALUE_OF_RUNCONTROLINTERFACE=0 SET_IPACCESSCONTROL=1 VALUE_OF_IPACCESSCONTROL="0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255:0"

Re: v2.8.5 Windows 10 - server is not correctly configured

Salamander

we have the same problem. Everything works fine with the options for the .msi install except setting the passwords.
We try "password" or password (without"") - not set all the time. Only if we set VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=12345 (only numbers) will set. You can control a password set in the registry HKLM\Software\TightVNC\Server. If the a password is set you will see an entrie e.g. password with the encrypted password as content.

So it would be nice if this can fix because we need the msi install for a lot of our users.

many thx, Alex.

Re: v2.8.5 Windows 10 - server is not correctly configured

Piotr Jakuta
check mine, maybe log will tell you something more ?

msiexec /i tightvnc-2.7.10-setup-64bit.msi /quiet /norestart /l*v
"c:\windows\temp\tightvnc_install.log" ADDLOCAL=Server
SET_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1
SET_PASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=******** SET_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=1
VALUE_OF_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=******** SET_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1
VALUE_OF_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_CONTROLPASSWORD=1
VALUE_OF_CONTROLPASSWORD=******** SET_IPACCESSCONTROL=1
VALUE_OF_IPACCESSCONTROL="0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255:2" SET_LOGLEVEL=1
VALUE_OF_LOGLEVEL=2 SET_QUERYACCEPTONTIMEOUT=1
VALUE_OF_QUERYACCEPTONTIMEOUT=0 SET_ALWAYSSHARED=1
VALUE_OF_ALWAYSSHARED=1 SET_SAVELOGTOALLUSERSPATH=1
VALUE_OF_SAVELOGTOALLUSERSPATH=0 SET_REPEATCONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1
VALUE_OF_REPEATCONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1

regards
Piotr Jakuta