tightvnc full screen on 3rd monitor grabs keyboard from all other windows

tightvnc full screen on 3rd monitor grabs keyboard from all other windows

rocket888
I am using tightvnc to control several computers from a 3 monitor system. I run a session on say, monitor 3 in full screen mode (connected to a win10 system), then often (but not always) if I click in another window  on another screen (I'm running the client on win xp) and type on the keyboard, the text actually still goes to the  vnc connected machine. The only way to regain keyboard focus to other windows is to close the session.

I don't know what triggers it to grab keystrokes, but once it starts, only exiting and rerunning corrects this.

Is this a known problem and is there anything I can do about it (short of exit/restart).