starting server by mom

JackRnl
I'm using windows 2000 on my LAN using a Zyxel Prestige 2602H-63 to
access internet (router +firewall).
Putting the laptop of my mom (running windows vista) onto my LAN
(attaching it to the Zyxel modem by wire) everything works well.

After that I went to my mom's place.
She connects to internet wireless.
As she is a complete newbie to PCs I would like her to click an icon on
her desktop and TightVNC server should be starting and allowing me to
view her desktop without the need for her to do ANYTHING else.
What can I do to achieve that goal? (remark : i first added an icon to
her desktop and after starting the server she managed to click "add new
client" and entered my IPaddress but it didn't work. I don't know what
caused the problem : her lack of knowledge OR something related to
settings or other software issues)

Any help will be appreciated

Re: starting server by mom

> I'm using windows 2000 on my LAN using a Zyxel Prestige 2602H-63 to
> access internet (router +firewall). Putting the laptop of my mom
> (running windows vista) onto my LAN (attaching it to the Zyxel modem
> by wire) everything works well.
>
> After that I went to my mom's place. She connects to internet
> wireless. As she is a complete newbie to PCs I would like her to
> click an icon on her desktop and TightVNC server should be starting
> and allowing me to view her desktop without the need for her to do
> ANYTHING else. What can I do to achieve that goal? (remark : i first
> added an icon to her desktop and after starting the server she
> managed to click "add new client" and entered my IPaddress but it
> didn't work. I don't know what caused the problem : her lack of
> knowledge OR something related to settings or other software issues)

I guess you should configure port forwarding on your router. Otherwise
it would not pass connections from the Internet to your internal network.