specify port in URL not working for IE

Ming Zhao-4
It is very strange that when I specify the port number in URL as a parameter of the applet, it does not work for IE (but works for Firefox). The applet still tries to access the default 5900 port, instead of the port I use in the URL. On the other hand, when I specify the host address in URL, it works fine.

Why does this happen? Is there a fix for this problem?

(I have to use port forwarding for both the RFB port and HTTP port of my VNC server because it's not directly accessible.)

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!