shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

noone nobody
Hello,

I have a tightvnc 1.3.9 server on a windows machine and I am trying to access it from various clients.
With a windows 1.3.9 client everything works just fine.
With a linux 1.3.9 viewer I can't shift + click or control + click to select multiple objects on the server. If I use an older 1.2.9 viewer on linux, shift/control clicking works fine again. The java 1.3.9 viewer works fine too on linux.

Is it some kind of bug on the linux 1.3.9 viewer? Can anyone else confirm it ?

RE: shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

Wall, John
RE: shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

Hi All,

Since using TightVNC V1.3.9 as a Server on an XP SP2 pc I am unable to use Ctrl Break sequence.

I need to use Ctrl Break sequence as our pcs are running QBASIC under DOS and I need to gracefully terminate the session.

I would love for Ctrl Break to be included as an available combination sequence in the File options.

At this stage I have to use Click on the X right hand corner and close it that way with a warning message given.

Even tried the File Ctrl down option but still doesn't work.

Just a little annoyance but I can live with it if I have to.

Just thought I might mention here in case someone knows how to perform the function.

John

    ----------

RE: shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

Wall, John
RE: shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer

Hi All,

Please ignore my remarks re Ctrl Break within TightVNC V1.3.9 it does work.

The problem is actually TameDOS's new version doesn't recognise the Ctrl Break combination.

I will chase TameDOS re this.

Regards.

John

    ----------

REMOVE

Ron-61

Re: REMOVE

Gerard Seibert-2
On Sunday August 12, 2007 at 03:59:27 (PM) Ron wrote:

> RE: shift/control problem with tightvnc 1.3.9 and linux viewer
> REMOVE

Hijacking a posting and then consummating the act by altering the
subject is not considered proper posting etiquette. Neither is 'top
posting'. If you had perused the end of that post, you might have
found what you were looking for.

Perhaps this is what you were looking for:

Gerard

RE: REMOVE

Wall, John
RE: REMOVE

Thank You Gerard for pointing that out.

I am a very infrequent user of this mailling list.

I apologise to noone nobody <[hidden email]>  for hijacking your request for help.

Regards.

John