Quantcast

regedit -- updated with a question

johncunniff
Hello, TightVNC,

As spoken about regedit, I have accidentally clicked on the right arrow of "history" word and I noticed it listed IP addresses from old to new.

I am confused whether should I click, the right arrow or the history word itself? If I clicked on "history" itself and I see on the right end, it shows 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and type is REG_SZ and data like 10.0.8:1 (MY LAPTOP) for example.

Which should I click before removing an IP address, the right arrow before "history" or the word itself "history" to open the right pane window before removing an IP address with 0, 1, 2 etc.?

Please know that I am afraid to touch anything because I am no expert in regedit. I am not a computer technician, LOL.

~Johnny, an afraid of touching regedit, just like an electrical wiring!

Johnny ☺

Re: regedit -- updated with a question

Eric N. Valor
Yes. Do both. Click the arrow to expose the settings for each target,
then click "History" to see the list shown in the client window. Delete
any you no longer want. Then below "History" also delete the settings
key for each of the targets you deleted in "History". Close Regedit and
you are all set.

On 12/29/2015 6:49 PM, John Cunniff wrote:

> Hello, TightVNC,
>
> As spoken about regedit, I have accidentally clicked on the right arrow of "history" word and I noticed it listed IP addresses from old to new.
>
> I am confused whether should I click, the right arrow or the history word itself? If I clicked on "history" itself and I see on the right end, it shows 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and type is REG_SZ and data like 10.0.8:1 (MY LAPTOP) for example.
>
> Which should I click before removing an IP address, the right arrow before "history" or the word itself "history" to open the right pane window before removing an IP address with 0, 1, 2 etc.?
>
> Please know that I am afraid to touch anything because I am no expert in regedit. I am not a computer technician, LOL.
>
> ~Johnny, an afraid of touching regedit, just like an electrical wiring!
>
> Johnny ☺

Eric N. Valor
[hidden email]
http://www.ericvalor.org

* Le meilleur vin avec les meilleurs amis...  *

Re: regedit -- updated with a question

Eric N. Valor
Answer updated with images. Forgive the virtual keyboard and the eyeball
image in the corner - I am quadriplegic due to ALS and use an eyegaze
system to control my computer.

regedit1 - the list of targets in History, shown in TVNC Viewer
regedit2 - the list of target settings (note misspelled "KRIPPELOBILE")
regedit3 - upon deletion of the errant target settings, press YES

On 12/29/2015 8:32 PM, Eric N. Valor wrote:

> Yes. Do both. Click the arrow to expose the settings for each target,
> then click "History" to see the list shown in the client window. Delete
> any you no longer want. Then below "History" also delete the settings
> key for each of the targets you deleted in "History". Close Regedit and
> you are all set.
>
> On 12/29/2015 6:49 PM, John Cunniff wrote:
>> Hello, TightVNC,
>>
>> As spoken about regedit, I have accidentally clicked on the right arrow of "history" word and I noticed it listed IP addresses from old to new.
>>
>> I am confused whether should I click, the right arrow or the history word itself? If I clicked on "history" itself and I see on the right end, it shows 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and type is REG_SZ and data like 10.0.8:1 (MY LAPTOP) for example.
>>
>> Which should I click before removing an IP address, the right arrow before "history" or the word itself "history" to open the right pane window before removing an IP address with 0, 1, 2 etc.?
>>
>> Please know that I am afraid to touch anything because I am no expert in regedit. I am not a computer technician, LOL.
>>
>> ~Johnny, an afraid of touching regedit, just like an electrical wiring!
>>
>> Johnny ☺

Eric N. Valor
[hidden email]
http://www.ericvalor.org

* Le meilleur vin avec les meilleurs amis...  *

regedit3.png (9K) Download Attachment
regedit2.png (121K) Download Attachment
regedit1.png (132K) Download Attachment

RE: regedit -- updated with a question

johncunniff
Hello, Eric,

Oh, I got it clear. Thanks for your tip!

~johnny :)

Johnny ☺