"Blank screen on client connections" not working?

"Blank screen on client connections" not working?

Young C Ku
Hi all,

I am running tightvnc server on windows xp sp2 machine and windows 2000.

I am having trouble to force the server monitor to go to sleep (or power savings mode) on any client connections.

Is this feature instantaneous or do I have to wait the duration as set out in the power options in the Control Panel?

thanks

www.spreadthegoodstuff.com.au <a href='Telstra’s Next GTM Network - now on Pre-Paid. Find out more. ' target='_new'>http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fclk%2Eatdmt%2Ecom%2FOAT%2Fgo%2Fnnmsnnxg0080000046oat%2Fdirect%2F01%2F&_t=765565283&_r=Telstra_FFF_Prepaid_Hotmail_Email_Taglines_JuySep07_Aug&_m=EXT

Re: "Blank screen on client connections" not working?

> I am running tightvnc server on windows xp sp2 machine and windows
> 2000.
>
> I am having trouble to force the server monitor to go to sleep (or
> power savings mode) on any client connections.
>
> Is this feature instantaneous or do I have to wait the duration as
> set out in the power options in the Control Panel?

It should begin working instantly on accepting next client connection.
However, this feature is considered "experimental" and highly depends on
video hardware/drivers. So I would not expect it to work reliably in all
the cases.