porting to Xorg 1.4/1.5 codebase

Adam Tkac
Hi all,

I'm vnc maintainer in Red Hat. Recently I've forked RealVNC source
(http://realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2008-February/058598.html)
because server source is no longer maintainable such way as we do
it long time ago (many patches kept downstream). RealVNC developers
are not interested in such patches but Peter Astrand points me that
you are going to port your codebase to modular Xserver. I've got
TightVNC from svn repository and I cannot find nothing newer than
1.3.9 release (Peter told something about 1.5.x which is based on
modular server). I'm ready to stop doing on fork and join to you and
help you with porting to Xorg 1.4/1.5 codebase and also with
development. Please tell me if such help is welcomed and point me
where is TightVNC 1.5 located.

Regards, Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.

Re: porting to Xorg 1.4/1.5 codebase

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Adam,

> I'm ready to stop doing on fork and join to you and
> help you with porting to Xorg 1.4/1.5 codebase and also with
> development. Please tell me if such help is welcomed and point me
> where is TightVNC 1.5 located.

Yes, we would appreciate your help! The is here (SVN):

  https://vnc-tight.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vnc-tight/trunk

The source is based on VNC Free Edition 4.1.2.

I'll be somewhat too busy for the nearest days, but I'll contact you
before the end of the week, to enable proper svn access.

Thank you.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:27:55PM +0600, Constantin Kaplinsky wrote:

> Hello Adam,

> > I'm ready to stop doing on fork and join to you and
> > help you with porting to Xorg 1.4/1.5 codebase and also with
> > development. Please tell me if such help is welcomed and point me
> > where is TightVNC 1.5 located.
>
> Yes, we would appreciate your help! The is here (SVN):
>
>   https://vnc-tight.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vnc-tight/trunk
>
> The source is based on VNC Free Edition 4.1.2.
>
> I'll be somewhat too busy for the nearest days, but I'll contact you
> before the end of the week, to enable proper svn access.

Ah, I'm not sure why I've missed it. You're right, it's there. So it
looks that my fork will die very soon :)

Btw I have RealVNC 4.1.2 server successfully ported to X 1.4 and 1.5
so commits will come very soon :)

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.