Quantcast

only 1024x768 resolution can be viewed with TightVNC under Win10 when server connected monitor isn't active

only 1024x768 resolution can be viewed with TightVNC under Win10 when server connected monitor isn't active

Rainer Lang
Hi,
since the upgrade onto Win10 the TightVNC viewer shows a strange behavior when the Monitor of the connected-to server
is not active (=switched off or [HDMI] interface not active).
When active, the screen can be viewed in full resolution (1920x1200).

If I run Win7 on the same server (multi-boot), then this phenomenon doesn't occur.
Under Win10 I cannot change the Graphics settings of the Intel HD Graphics when no HDMI interface is active,
the resolution is fixed on 1024x768.

Looks like someone else has the same (so far unresolved) issue. See link below.

Your support is appreciated.

regards
Rainer Lang
--
http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/14775-displayport-switchbox-resolution-problem.html

i5-4690S Intel Processor, HD 4600 Graphics, 8 GB memory
TightVNC 2.7.10, mainboard GA-H97N-WiFi

Re: only 1024x768 resolution can be viewed with TightVNC under Win10 when server connected monitor isn't active

John Serink
I had a similar issue, albeit on WinXP, some years ago. The problem was the Intel video driver making the decision that since it detected ‎no monitor if it was rebooted while the KVM was on another machine.

Solution:

Un install the Intel driver and use the Microsoft default. Fixed.

Cheers,
John

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

<http://www.tightvnc.com/release-2.7.10.php>