on one WiFi not the others setup question

on one WiFi not the others setup question

thokline
Help!   I have really tried to set this up myself and have been partially successful.

Here is the problem.  My two computers are set up and woking fine as long as i am in the office with
both on the same router.  Outside the office on other wireless site  no connection to my server computer

i have 2002 xp service pack 2

in Windows Firewall on control panel:    "don't allow exceptions"  not checked    5800 5900 ports added and new list
of exceptions is now   java viewer,  vnc viewer,   launch vnc tight viewer

under change scope i listed my ip address but it did not stick and defaulted back
to my network only

any thoughts?   I am a physician and will be traveling   it would really be nice to access my
new "server computer"

thanks  i appreciate it

tom kline md

Re: on one WiFi not the others setup question

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Thomas,

> Here is the problem.  My two computers are set up and woking fine as
> long as i am in the office with both on the same router.  Outside the
> office on other wireless site  no connection to my server computer
>
> i have 2002 xp service pack 2
>
> in Windows Firewall on control panel: "don't allow exceptions" not
> checked 5800 5900 ports added and new list of exceptions is now java
> viewer, vnc viewer, launch vnc tight viewer
>
> under change scope i listed my ip address but it did not stick and
> defaulted back to my network only

I guess you should not only configure the firewall on your server
computer but also setup port forwarding on the router to allow it pass
connections from Internet to the internal network.