network: wired vs. wireless

John:D
This post was updated on .
Here's an interesting problem.  I have TightVNC server installed on an XP computer in my home network.  I can view it from any other computer wired to the network.

Any computer (I'm talking several) wirelessly connected to the network can ping the server system but get "failed to rcv data from socket" error from TightVNC viewer.  I have tried using both the system's name and it's IP static address.

I have used a laptop that works fine wired to the network but fails when used wirelessly.

I have dropped all firewalls to test..no change.

Any ideas?