how to set the server desktop size with tightvnc and suse sles 10 remote control

how to set the server desktop size with tightvnc and suse sles 10 remote control

Simon Hook
Hi,

The remote control program on Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) and
Desktop (SLED) uses TightVNC. I can connect to the server from SLED or
windows. When I connect the remote desktop (i.e. the one on the server)
its 800x600 in size. I want to make it bigger

On the server if I type:

vncserver -geometry 1400x1000 :02

I can connect to :02 with

vncviewer machinename:02

however, that is not my desktop on the server. My desktop on the server
is :01 and thats still running at 800x600. So how do I change the
default one on the server. I am sure SLED has some obscure text file
somewhere which sets the default size for remote desktop (i.e. tightvnc)
but I have not idea where.

Suggestions much appreciated.

S.