failing to connect to red hat 5

Gronquist, James M

On redhat box I issued:

It responded: you will require a password to access desktops

I entered a passwd: *******************

it returned:

new ‘bl-burs-ips4:1  (rhuser)’  desktop is bl-burs-ips4:1

on windows box I have tightvnc. When I click connect, I put in the ip address corresponding to bl-burs-ips4  and get connection failed.  I think that this is a dns problem?  Is there a way that I can start the vncserver on redhat so that it lists the vncserver as rather than bl-burs-ips4?

This email is sponsored by DB2 Express