failed to recv data from socket

Ryan Eschete

I once had Tight Vnc working and I tried to get on a PC in another office and I’m getting the following "failed to recv data from socket".  I have updated to the latest version on both pc’s and I still am getting the error.  I’m running windows 7 64 bit pro

Any suggestions?

Ryan

Re: failed to recv data from socket

Raya Shmakova
Hello Ryan,

20.12.2012, 22:34, "Ryan Eschete" <[hidden email]>:
>   I once had Tight Vnc working and I tried to get on a PC in another
> office and I’m getting the following "failed to recv data from socket".
>  I have updated to the latest version on both pc’s and I still am
> getting the error.  I’m running windows 7 64 bit pro
>
>   Any suggestions?

This issue could be caused by firewall settings. The server and
the viewer could be in the list of forbidden programs in the firewall.
Another possible reason is that the listening port could be blocked by
the firewall.

Please check your firewall settings. If this doesn't help, you can send
us your log file.

Best Regards,
Raya Shmakova
GlavSoft LLC.

Re: failed to recv data from socket

Carrie Replogle

Raya Shmakova <raya <at> glavsoft.com> writes:

I have tight vnc working on another machine but getting the socket error on
two others.  I have checked the firewall, antivirus and java versions, what
else could it be?

07/13/2016

Re: failed to recv data from socket

Migsy
The issue for me with this was an APP Firewall Rule that saw the 5900 port as a SOCKS / PROXY issue and blocked this.  Look in your logs and see if you have a block from your IP.  If so then see if it references a app rule.  Try disabling the app rule.  In my case this worked.