dual monitor on tightvnc server

MyName IsLive
Hi all,

i have ubuntu 12.04 i installed tight vnc like: apt-get install tightvnc server,
i can connect to my vnc server but i have both monitor that sometimes when im trying to access form internet two monitors with my slow internet connection make problem,
How can i tell my tightvnc server to show just one monitor over vnc client?

thanks

RE: dual monitor on tightvnc server

MyName IsLive
Any help please ?

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: dual monitor on tightvnc server
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:51:46 +0000

Hi all,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ How ServiceNow helps IT people transform IT departments: 1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services 3. A single system of record for all IT processes http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

RE: dual monitor on tightvnc server

MyName IsLive

 Can you propose other vnc server for linux with that option  please ?

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:19:38 +0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: dual monitor on tightvnc server

On 08.06.2013 20:25, MyName IsLive wrote:
Any help please ?

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:51:46 +0000

Hi all,

i have ubuntu 12.04 i installed tight vnc like: apt-get install tightvnc server,
i can connect to my vnc server but i have both monitor that sometimes when im trying to access form internet two monitors with my slow internet connection make problem,
How can i tell my tightvnc server to show just one monitor over vnc client?

thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ How ServiceNow helps IT people transform IT departments: 1. A cloud service to automate IT design, transition and operations 2. Dashboards that offer high-level views of enterprise services 3. A single system of record for all IT processes http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j

No, you couldn't do it with 1.x version server.
This opportunity was added since 2.5.0 version.

Alex,
GlavSoft LLC.

Re: dual monitor on tightvnc server

Arfin Greebly

What geometry are you using when you start the server?

When I was using Ubuntu as the server host, I specified a geometry that just fit one screen.

If I needed to see the other screen, I just needed to scroll over to it, but mostly I just used the single screen.

It is my understanding that the data/image for the screen content not currently being viewed is not actually transmitted until you bring that portion of the display into the viewing area.

Would a different (smaller) start-up geometry provide what you need?

~~ Garry

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:19:38 +0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]