default system properties

Clark Jillson
Good morning:

I'm running TightVNC Server 1.2.9 and I need to change the system properties back to its default settings.    I can see how to view them, but how do I actually save them?

Thanks.

Clark

Re: default system properties

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Clark,

> I'm running TightVNC Server 1.2.9 and I need to change the system
> properties back to its default settings.    I can see how to view
> them, but how do I actually save them?

First of all, it might be a good idea to upgrade to version 1.3.9.

Here is some information about user and default settings:

=== cut ===
There are two types of settings in TightVNC: default settings
(system-wide) and user settings (user-specific). Default settings are
kept in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive, while User settings
are under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

In the standard configuration, user settings have priority over
default settings. Default settings are used in the following cases:

  (1) when TightVNC is run as a system service, and no user is
      logged in;
  (2) when there are no user settings for current user;
  (3) configuration does not allow editing user settings
      (AllowProperties=0)

User settings can be editing by double-clicking the tray icon of the
TightVNC Server, or by choosing Properties... from the menu.
Alternatively, use can use a shortcut in Start -> Programs ->
TightVNC -> Show User Settings, that will show the same Properties
dialog for current user. Note that the dialog with user settings will
always have caption "TightVNC Server: Current User Properties".

To edit default settings, choose Start -> Programs -> TightVNC ->
Administration -> Show Default Settings. This will bring up the same
Properties dialog, but the caption should look like "TightVNC Server:
Default Local System Properties".