connect remotely to current session

hugo dawson
hello

i have setup tightvnc, and it works really well.
however it opens a new session. i would like to be
able to view my current logged in gnome session on the
debian box from an xp box, and visa versa. do i need a
different vnc version? or is it configurable? thank you.

Re: connect remotely to current session

> i have setup tightvnc, and it works really well. however it opens a
> new session. i would like to be able to view my current logged in
> gnome session on the debian box from an xp box, and visa versa. do i
> need a different vnc version? or is it configurable? thank you.

Have a look at x11vnc:

  http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/

TightVNC project will introduce similar server in the near time.

RE: connect remotely to current session

James Weatherall
In addition to the x11vnc project referred to by Const, standard VNC
releases now support remoting of console X servers either by loading the
vnc.so module into an XFree86/Xorg X server, or by running x0vncserver on
it.  See http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/x0.html for details.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd