clipboard transfer not working

chrisjmartini (Bugzilla)
I have a dual monitor setup on my office pc (Windows Vista). I use
 Tightvnc 1.3.9 to access my Mac (OS X Tiger 10.4.11 using Vine Server
 2.2) in the same office. I also access my home pc which runs Linux
 (kernel 2.6.22-14 using x11vnc 0.9.3) from the same pc. The problem I
 have with all of these connections is there is no clipboard transfer
 at all to speak of. There are no options enabled to disable the
 clipboard transfer for any of these connections. Could this be a Vista
 compatibility issue? Has anyone encountered a similar issue that can
 shed more light?

 Chris

Re: clipboard transfer not working

John Aldrich
On Friday 29 February 2008, Chris Martini wrote:

> I have a dual monitor setup on my office pc (Windows Vista). I use
>  Tightvnc 1.3.9 to access my Mac (OS X Tiger 10.4.11 using Vine Server
>  2.2) in the same office. I also access my home pc which runs Linux
>  (kernel 2.6.22-14 using x11vnc 0.9.3) from the same pc. The problem I
>  have with all of these connections is there is no clipboard transfer
>  at all to speak of. There are no options enabled to disable the
>  clipboard transfer for any of these connections. Could this be a Vista
>  compatibility issue? Has anyone encountered a similar issue that can
>  shed more light?

At least on linux, you need to run "vncconfig" to enable clipboard transfer. I
don't know if there is something similar for Vine Server.