Quantcast

Win 7 actively refused connection

Dale Ring

I had Win XP PC’s setup behind a DSL router, Ports 5800 & 5900 forwarded to the static IP of the PC. We also use Netmotion Mobility to establish a VPN to the main network. The PC’s have been replaced win Win 7 Pro and all firewalls turned off. TightVNC will connect to the VPN IP (which is only established after the user logs on), however, When I try to connect to the Static DSL IP I get an error “ No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it”

The error sounds like win 7 is blocking the connection, this config worked fine with XP.

Any & All ideas would be truly appreciated!

Thanks

Dale Ring

911 Systems Analyst

Yadkin County Information Technology