Win 7 TightVNC Viewer can't connect to Raspberry Pi running Raspian Wheezy with tightvncserver

Win 7 TightVNC Viewer can't connect to Raspberry Pi running Raspian Wheezy with tightvncserver

Dennis Kathrens

I have a Raspberry Pi, Model B, running in headless mode on my home network.

I have a dual boot laptop, Win7/Ubuntu

From Ubuntu, I can SSH into the R-Pi no problem.
I have installed tightvncserver on it as per instructions from

http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/tightvnc

and I can connect with no problems, and see the GUI desktop on the Raspberry Pi

I have also downloaded and installed the Windows version of TightVNC.

However when I try to use TightVNC on the Win7 side, it cannot connect.

I get the message "connection actively refused" <--- sorry on Ubuntu right now, can't quote the entire error message from memory

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas on how to look for the problem and hopefully find a solution?

Re: Win 7 TightVNC Viewer can't connect to Raspberry Pi running Raspian Wheezy with tightvncserver

Arfin Greebly

Are you saying that you cannot connect to the Raspberry Pi from Win7?

Have you checked your firewall and virus/Internet protection settings on
your Windows 7 side?

I have had some problems connecting to and from a Win7 box, and in one
case I only got it working when I turned off the firewall altogether.

~~ Garry