Where are tightVNC config files kept?

Mark Foley
I'm using tightVNC viewer for Windows, version 2.7.10 with ssvnc version 1.0.30.
When I run tighVNC viewer by itself, I can change options (e.g. full-scren mode,
screen scaling, remote cursor ...) and the next time I run it, it remembers my
settings.

However, when tightVNC is launched from ssvnc, I have to set all the options
again manually, and the options are not remembered the next time I run it. I've
also tried saving the options and taking the default folder name for the
location.

Where are these options kept? How can I fix this?

THX - Mark

Re: Where are tightVNC config files kept?

Constantin Kaplinsky-3
Hello Mark,

TightVNC saves configuration in the registry.

--
Best Regards,
Constantin Kaplinsky

Re: Where are tightVNC config files kept?

Mark Foley
Constantin - thanks for your response.

Would you happen to know where in the registry these are kept? I've looked and
can't find anything.

Here's the thing ... when I run TightVNC using the desktop short-cut it runs
with my remembered settings. When I launch the program itself (click on
tvnviewer.exe), it does not. In this mode (direct launch) even if I set the
options and "save session to a .vnc file", it never uses those options and there
does not appear to be any way to load them from the running viewer.

The shortcut only has "Start in: C:\Program Files\TightVNC\". No .exe is named,
more any program parameters.

If options are stored in the registry, why don't they get picked up when
tvnviewer.exe is run directly?

I'm quite puzzled on this and it is quite a problem. ssvnc is launching
tvnviewer.exe and I have to set my full-screen, remote mouse, and scaling each
time. A pain.