Web Java...

johncunniff

Hello, everybody!

I am new in TightVNC. I have downloaded the TightVNC version 2.7.10 last week and I have been trying with my settings and everything configured correctly, but, one problem is… I tried to use my Firefox and typed http://myipaddress:5800 but, it didn’t work correctly, because the Java application blocked due of high security. I do not understand that problem.

If you need to know my system: I am running windows 7 in both from home and outside of home both of them. And the latest version of Firefox is 35.0.1 (I think)

What do I need to do is to fix the issue?

Thank you very much.

~Johnny J

Re: Web Java...

Vernau Mier
Hi Johnny,

The default tightvnc port is 5901, if you have done the setup for the port 5800, then it's 5801. That's because tightvnc creates a separate desktop and leaves the default port for the original desktop.

Hope it helps,

Vernau

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:55 AM, John Cunniff <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello, everybody!

I am new in TightVNC. I have downloaded the TightVNC version 2.7.10 last week and I have been trying with my settings and everything configured correctly, but, one problem is… I tried to use my Firefox and typed http://myipaddress:5800 but, it didn’t work correctly, because the Java application blocked due of high security. I do not understand that problem.

If you need to know my system: I am running windows 7 in both from home and outside of home both of them. And the latest version of Firefox is 35.0.1 (I think)

What do I need to do is to fix the issue?

Thank you very much.

~Johnny J

Vernau Mier
(+34) 658 97 95 59

Re: Web Java...

Patrick Shoaf
Correction on last email,  Windows does not create a separate desktop, only Linux or Mac does that.  On Win 7 you use it the same as you specified.  You may need to go to the control panel and allow access to the IP address and/or change security settings for Java. I just used Firefox on WinXP to connect to a vnc running on another windows machine.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

On 3/25/2015 5:07 AM, Vernau Mier wrote:
[...]

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: Web Java...

johncunniff

Hello, Patrick!

I got it very clear. I will check into my security matter under control panel. I see that you have used a Firefox on your machine. I am glad you helped me out!

Have a good week.

~Johnny J

RE: Web Java...

johncunniff

Hello, Patrick and Everybody!

Sorry for the repeated post. I have gone to Control Panel and I see Java (32 Bit) and I checked the settings. I don’t see that is what you mentioned. Can you give me the correct instructions on how to allow IP address or whatever?

Thank you!

~Johnny J

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: Web Java...

johncunniff

Hello, Patrick,

I got it! Yesterday, I actually saw it, but I was confused by this settings so, I will do that.

~Johnny J