Vnc Viewer and Password in command line

romel alvarado rondano
Hi, Greeting's from Barranquilla - Colombia!
I'm working with tightVnc on Windows nt4, 2000, XP systems....

A Partner made a "Front-end" for the Vnc-viewer (A class-room) to make easy admin the class-room, but he did:

- Call a ShellExecute to vnc-viewer... the hostname is in the ShellExecute parameters
- Then Call a FindWindow to get the vnc-viewer instance windows launched by the ShellExecute...
- And finally... Call a SendKey to the Vnc-viewer Window with the password....

The front-end was made it with VB 6.0 and VB .Net.....

To me... this is something... ugly!....

It's possible make a build of tightVNC (From the source code) which can accept the password like a command line parameter....
It's possible use the password file in windows?
PD: the newest vnc-viewer (1.37....) don't accept the -viewonly parameter!. I make 2 shortcut's...
1. to the vnc-viewer 1.29 version with the -viewonly parameter, and the second shortcut to the newest vnc-version!

Thank's for the Help that you can give me.

--
When I think, I believe that I believe to believe.
What a puzzle is my mind!.

Re: Vnc Viewer and Password in command line

astrand (Bugzilla)
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, romel alvarado rondano wrote:

> It's possible make a build of tightVNC (From the source code) which can
> accept the password like a command line parameter....
> It's possible use the password file in windows?

Yes, this is possible with the 1.5.X branch of TightVNC. Grab it from the
SF Subversion repository.

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand ThinLinc Chief Developer