Vista Support

Oscar Usifer
Folks,

The TightVNC FAQ*1 says that there is a known issue when running under Vista. I have been able to run the VNC Server on the Business Edition of Vista without incident. What is the specific limitation that is described? Will this prevent TVNC from running correctly under this OS? I would like to bundle TVNC for our customers, and many run different versions of Vista.

Thanks,
-OSC

Ref
*1 "Unfortunately, TightVNC has known issues with Windows Vista operating system,..."  http://www.tightvnc.org/faq.html

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

Re: Vista Support

Oscar Usifer
Just to clarify, will the Vista security features prevent TightVNC Server or Viewer from running as a stand alone application under the various versions of Vista, e.g. Home Basic, Home Premium, Business-Retail, Ultimage, Enterprise, x64 etc?

Thanks!

Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

Re: Vista Support

Hello Oscar,

> The TightVNC FAQ*1 says that there is a known issue when running
> under Vista. I have been able to run the VNC Server on the Business
> Edition of Vista without incident. What is the specific limitation
> that is described? Will this prevent TVNC from running correctly
> under this OS? I would like to bundle TVNC for our customers, and
> many run different versions of Vista.

The problem is that TightVNC Server does not work as a service in Vista.

Also, disconnections are possible when UAC shows its popup windows (e.g.
those "Are you sure it was you?" questions).

Otherwise, it's known to work fine.

JPEG2000

LanceZ

There is a new Jpeg standard jpeg2000(http://www.jpeg.org/jpeg2000/),
and also a open source code is supplied(http://www.openjpeg.org/).

Jpeg2000 file is smaller than jpeg.

Is anyone consider to use jpeg2000 to implement the vnc
encoder/decoder??

Thanks
Lance Zhang