VNCHooks as a dll v static

Oscar Usifer
Folks,

Is it possible to roll VNCHooks into a lib? It exists in a dll currently in tightvnc-1.3.9_winsrc.zip, and seems there is a good reason for distributing it in this way. However as I work on a OCX server version, the dependency link also exists for a dll, therefore requiring it be present either in user's %SYSTEMROOT% or in the dll search path. This can be problematic in case previous versions also exists causing possible software breakage or does not exist causing me to write buggy download software. If on the other hand, I can roll it into the OCX as a lib, these specific things aren't issues. Are there specific reasons/requirements that cause it to remain in dll format?

Thanks,
-OSC

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?