VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

Jim Martinson

I am running TightVNC server v1.2.9 and when the system I need to control reboots I cannot control it until someone has logged in to it.

I get connected and can “view” what is going on but have no control of the keyboard or mouse.

Once someone has logged into the system I can disconnect/reconnect and have control as normal.

Any Ideas?

-- Jim

Jim Martinson

Ridgewater College http://ridgewater.edu

[hidden email]

320-234-8546

Re: VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

Clark Leach

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Jim Martinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am running TightVNC server v1.2.9 and when the system I need to control reboots I cannot control it until someone has logged in to it.

I get connected and can "view" what is going on but have no control of the keyboard or mouse.

Once someone has logged into the system I can disconnect/reconnect and have control as normal.

Any Ideas?

Jim

Are you running VNC Server as a service?

Re: VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

Hello Jim,

> I am running TightVNC server v1.2.9 and when the system I need to
> control reboots I cannot control it until someone has logged in to
> it. I get connected and can "view" what is going on but have no
> control of the keyboard or mouse. Once someone has logged into the
> system I can disconnect/reconnect and have control as normal.

Check the default settings (Programs -> TightVNC -> Administration ->
Show Default Settings), make sure that remote input events are enabled.

Re: going from a MacBook Pro to Windows XP home

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Kenneth,

> I am trying to go from a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X, versions 10.5.2) to a
> Windows XP Home box.  I have not been successful in making a
> connection.  I tried setting up the server side (XP) to allow HTTP
> access but when I access it from my Mac it seems to download a
> executable that I cannot run on a MAC.  A Chicken Of The Sea VNC
> connection does not seem to work either.
>
> I cannot install Parallels on the MacBook Pro and using the Microsoft
> Mac remote client does not work on XP Home.
>
> Any help or insight to your experiences would be apprecited.

Well, I think the easiest way would be to use a native VNC client (such
as Chicken Of The VNC). What exactly do you do to connect and what error
messages do you see on making the connection?

RE: VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

Jim Martinson

I still have the problem.

No control after reboot. Can view fine (using control password to connect).

Once system is logged in as someone, then control is possible (must connect after login was done).

TightVNC is running as a service (It has to be or no connect after reboot).

I am running version 1.3.9.

Below are screen shots of my settings.

VNC_Server.gif

VNC_Hooks.gif

VNC_Display.gif

VNC_Query.gif

VNC_Administration.gif

-- Jim

Jim Martinson

Ridgewater College http://ridgewater.edu

[hidden email]

320-234-8546

> I am running TightVNC server v1.2.9 and when the system I need to

> control reboots I cannot control it until someone has logged in to

> it. I get connected and can "view" what is going on but have no

> control of the keyboard or mouse. Once someone has logged into the

> system I can disconnect/reconnect and have control as normal.

Check the default settings (Programs -> TightVNC -> Administration ->

Show Default Settings), make sure that remote input events are enabled.

Re: VNC server problem - No keyboard or mouse control when system reboots.

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Jim,

> I still have the problem.
>
> No control after reboot. Can view fine (using control password to connect).
>
> Once system is logged in as someone, then control is possible (must connect after login was done).
>
> TightVNC is running as a service (It has to be or no connect after reboot).
>
> I am running version 1.3.9.
>
> Below are screen shots of my settings.

Screen shots show user settings, not the default settings. When nobody
is logged in, default settings are in effect.

The default settings can be opened this way:

  Start ->
   Programs ->
    TightVNC ->
     Administration ->