VNC brigde

Diego Lebron Aguilar
First of all ill try to explain what im trying to do. I have two machines, named A and B.
A hasn't internet connection, it's only connected with B using ethernet. There is a VNC server running in A.
B has internet connection. I run the java viewer in B using JRE and I get a window where i can manage A.
All say before works fine. The problem appears now.
B also has a VNC server. The idea is that a remote user from internet connects with B. But i want that this user only can see the content of the window said before. This way, the remote user will not see B. It will be as he was working with A.
I can do that using the option "window" at the display properties, but the problem is that this setting isn´t store anywhere. When i restart VNC server in B this setting goes to full desktop and have to reconfigure it manually.
Is there anyway to store the setting?

If this is imposible, is there anyway to access A VNC server from internet? (Remember that only B has internet access)

Excuse my poor english, im still learning it. Thanks !!

Busca desde cualquier página Web con una protección excepcional. Consigue la Barra de herramientas de Windows Live hoy mismo y GRATUITAMENTE. Pruébalo

RE: VNC brigde

Van Sickler, Jim-2
Do NOT use VNC directly over the Internet unless absolutely necessary.
Use ssh, and tunnel the VNC sessions over the encrypted session.

Use ssh running on B,  port forward the VNC connection to A.
(Assigned IP addresses make it easier than DHCP)

Have the Internet user connect to B using putty (the ssh client),
with localhost:5900 forwarded to A:5900

The Internet user would VNC to localhost, and connect to A

Jim