VIEWER IN IE GIVES ROUTER PAGE

Eric Wentorf
When I enter the IP into  a remote IE browser I get access to my router set-up and control page, but nothing else. There is no password request, just the router page.

I am on the same LAN right now, the VNC viewer works as it should.

Any ideas regarding the browser?

==>Eric Wentorf
mobile 262.902.6105

Water flows on uninterruptedly and reaches its goal.
I Ching, K'an/Water

Re: VIEWER IN IE GIVES ROUTER PAGE

Frank Bax
Eric Wentorf wrote:
> When I enter the IP into a remote IE browser I get access to my router set-up and control page, but nothing else. There is no password request, just the router page.
>
> I am on the same LAN right now, the VNC viewer works as it should.
>
> Any ideas regarding the browser?

It would seem that your router is configured to allow remote
access/config - this is not a good thing.  You should consider either:
- disable remote access
- change the port used by remote access

Frank

Re: VIEWER IN IE GIVES ROUTER PAGE

Jim Hill
Eric Wentorf wrote:
> When I enter the IP into  a remote IE browser
it is defaulting to port 80 ?
> I get access to my router set-up and control page,

It looks like you need to open a port in the router;
make that port forward to host:port on your LAN --
host:port where VNC is listening.

Then in a a remote IE browser, put
IP_address_of_router:router_port_that_you_opened.
the router will pass that through to the host:port
on your LAN, and VNC should respond to it.

- jh