User acceptance

BAdams

We currently run the unsecured VNC 4.1.1.  We are tightening security and
want to deploy the Tight VNC that has basic encryption.  I have tested
Tight VNC 2.5.2 and cannot locate a way to configure this to force the user
to accept the connection like VNC did.  We do not allow the help desk to
have unrestricted access to any PC's and need to force the user to be at
the PC in question and accept the help desk connection.  Anyone have any
ideas?

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with
it may contain legally PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information
intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use
of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and/or notify the postmaster ([hidden email]), and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank You.

Re: User acceptance

Raya Shmakova
Hello,

Yes, this feature is available in TightVNC. You can configure TightVNC
to ask user confirmation, using access control rules.

One way to setup an access control rule:
Open Configuration window, go to "Access control" tab and click "Add".
In your case, you should use the following rule:
IP range: "0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255", Action: "Query local user".

Also you can set query timeout and default action: automatically accept
or reject incoming connection on timeout.

--
Best Regards,
Raya Shmakova