Update on VNC Viewer App

johncunniff

Hello, Everybody!

I have an updated news with a great news. Today, I was at home to be more relaxing. I ran VNC Viewer app in my iPad, and I discovered that + sign appeared underneath the battery status! (I did not see it because the screen got messed up dunno why) but, finally, I typed my IP address and followed on-screen instructions. Finally, I got into my computer’s desktop! Yay. I have to follow on the mouse which is different from iPad’s normal behavior, for example, if I need to click on a bar, I need to drag a mouse pointer to the right position and double-click (for example, Outlook) and I could open it!! No problem.

Next question: Is there an VNC Server that I can set into my iPad for me to remotely access from a desktop computer into my iPad, just like an opposite way that I can remotely access from iPad to PC but want to do it the other way, smile.

Let me know if there is an VNC Server for an iPad?

Thanks,

~Johnny J

win 10 keeps losing tightvnc server icon - suggestions?

B. S.
Despite the tvnserver service running fine on a win 10 install here, the
icon isn't present.

I can script stop/start the service and the icon was coming back, then
disappearing again shortly thereafter. Now running the script doesn't
even cause an icon to blip into view for a moment.

Since, have gone into settings to say show icon all the time, but no
change - still never visible.

Thoughts / suggestions?

(First Win 10 install for me, FWIW, so it's still troublesome figuring
out where the heck they put <x>, now!)

(e.g. Start menu is / was missing a bunch of stuff, like TightVNC, but
from what I can google, that's due to a buggy Win 10.)