Quantcast

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - Sharing same screen between more than one client

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - Sharing same screen between more than one client

Pandar
Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - I read and quote

 " allowing you to share the desktop with other clients already using it. "

However I am not sure how to do this to begin with.

I have my tightvnc server ready - all I want to do is share the current screen with select users, so that they can do simple things such as open/edit a terminal session from their end.

Many thanks.

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - Sharing same screen between more than one client

Patrick Shoaf

It has been awhile since I used tightvnc server on Linux, but there are options when on both the Client and Server side for sharing.  Make sure they are set to "Share - don't disconnect" as the default and you should be fine.  Below is a screen shot from TightVNC 2.7.10 Server Config, there is a similar config on Linux in version 1.3.  I just can not remember where.  The "Client" usually has an "Options" button that allows you to request a shared session, see 2nd shot below.  Hope this helps.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

<http://www.tightvnc.com/vncviewer.1.php>

However I am not sure how to do this to begin with.

I have my tightvnc server ready - all I want to do is share the current
screen with select users, so that they can do simple things such as
open/edit a terminal session from their end.

Many thanks.

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment