Quantcast

Trouble Copy-Paste

Vinish Vijayan
Dear Sir,

           I am Vinish Vijayan from India, working as a technical software support for US based IT company. So this mail is regarding the problem that we face on tightVNC of copy paste, we highly rely on notepad.cc to copy paste the lengthy complex passwords and license numbers on remote connections.

           The vnc id and port is configured and hosted by our company on Redhat 5, and the workstations we use is windows 7. So please inform me what should be done on the redhat server or client side windows 7 to make the copy paste possible when using tight VNC for remote connection.

            Anticipating an immediate reply.

Thanking You
Vinish Vijayan

Re: Trouble Copy-Paste

Patrick Shoaf

I frequently use copy and paste from Linux to Windows 7.

Questions:

What is notepad.cc - is it on windows or linux?

Which versions do you have installed? Linux and Windows

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

On 5/30/2016 3:43 AM, Vinish Vijayan wrote:
Dear Sir,

           I am Vinish Vijayan from India, working as a technical software support for US based IT company. So this mail is regarding the problem that we face on tightVNC of copy paste, we highly rely on notepad.cc to copy paste the lengthy complex passwords and license numbers on remote connections.

           The vnc id and port is configured and hosted by our company on Redhat 5, and the workstations we use is windows 7. So please inform me what should be done on the redhat server or client side windows 7 to make the copy paste possible when using tight VNC for remote connection.

            Anticipating an immediate reply.

Thanking You
Vinish Vijayan

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Trouble Copy-Paste

Tom Rowe
On 5/30/2016 3:43 AM, Vinish Vijayan wrote:

>> Dear Sir,
>>          I am Vinish Vijayan from India, working as a technical
>> software support for US based IT company. So this mail is regarding
>> the problem that we face on tightVNC of copy paste, we highly rely on
>> notepad.cc to copy paste the lengthy complex passwords and license
>> numbers on remote connections.
>>
>>          The vnc id and port is configured and hosted by our company
>> on Redhat 5, and the workstations we use is windows 7. So please
>> inform me what should be done on the redhat server or client side
>> windows 7 to make the copy paste possible when using tight VNC for
>> remote connection.
>>
>>           Anticipating an immediate reply.
>>

>> Thanking You
>> Vinish Vijayan

Might want to check out:
https://twitter.com/jcb/status/674637117310504961

Looks like notepad.cc is no longer operational.

Cheers
Tom