TightVNC viewer in Windows Vista

Niall Mullins
Hello all,

I know the Vista question has been asked before, but that was regarding running VNC server. I have not yet installed TightVNC as I am still planning the network layout. Does anyone know are there any difficulties running the viewer in Vista. I am hoping to administer a Ubuntu server from a Vista desktop.

Many thanks,
Niall

RE: TightVNC viewer in Windows Vista

Yury Averkiev

TighVNC viewer works just fine under Vista. The same is true for UltraVNC viewer.

Kindest regards,
Yury Averkiev

SmartCode Solutions - Network Management Without Barriers
http://www.s-code.com

I know the Vista question has been asked before, but that was regarding running VNC server. I have not yet installed TightVNC as I am still planning the network layout. Does anyone know are there any difficulties running the viewer in Vista. I am hoping to administer a Ubuntu server from a Vista desktop.

Many thanks,

Niall

RE: TightVNC viewer in Windows Vista

James Weatherall
Hi Niall,

The standard VNC Viewer for Windows will run under Windows Vista, and I'm
not aware of any changes in the TightVNC project that would prevent that.
The only problems you might see would be if you use a high DPI setting other
than 120, in which case older VNC Viewer builds will be scaled up by Vista.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd