TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Nadezhda Ovchinnikova
Hello everyone!

New version 2.7.3 of TightVNC is out! It brings three improvements to
the table.

    * Fixed compatibility issues with Mac built-in remote desktop and
other VNC servers (both for Server and Java Viewer)

    * Improved Server behavior with Windows (now you can even run a
server on a VM and have no worries)

    * Tight and ZRLE encoding is now faster!

If looking for details, check the full list of changes:
http://www.tightvnc.com/whatsnew.php#2.7.3

And go grab the fresh version! http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

--
Best Wishes,
TightVNC team

Follow TightVNC on Twitter:   http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc
Get the hottest news from GlavSoft:   https://twitter.com/glavsoft

Re: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Nadezhda Ovchinnikova
Hi Milt,

Thank you. Will make sure to share your words with our team!

30.05.2013 0:04, Milt wrote:
Thank  you - outstanding update.

Regards,

Milt Ratcliff
[hidden email]

On 5/29/2013 7:49 AM, Nadezhda Ovchinnikova wrote:
Hello everyone!

New version 2.7.3 of TightVNC is out! It brings three improvements to
the table.

    * Fixed compatibility issues with Mac built-in remote desktop and
other VNC servers (both for Server and Java Viewer)

    * Improved Server behavior with Windows (now you can even run a
server on a VM and have no worries)

    * Tight and ZRLE encoding is now faster!

If looking for details, check the full list of changes:
http://www.tightvnc.com/whatsnew.php#2.7.3

And go grab the fresh version! http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

--
Best Regards,
Nadezhda Ovchinnikova

Re: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Nadezhda Ovchinnikova
Kevin,

Yes, it surely does. TightVNC runs on Windows NT 5.1 6.2, that is:
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
  • Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012

29.05.2013 23:26, Kevin Quitt пишет:
Does it run on NT?

--
Kevin D. Quitt.               96.37% of all statistics are made up
iPad sucks

--
Best Regards,
Nadezhda Ovchinnikova

RE: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Brian Schroeder-2

I installed this new version on a Windows XP computer, but then was not able to access it using TightVNC on a linux box.  I had to downgrade back to 2.7.1 - which does work.

Brian.

> Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:49:20 +0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> New version 2.7.3 of TightVNC is out! It brings three improvements to
> the table.
>
> * Fixed compatibility issues with Mac built-in remote desktop and
> other VNC servers (both for Server and Java Viewer)
>
> * Improved Server behavior with Windows (now you can even run a
> server on a VM and have no worries)
>
> * Tight and ZRLE encoding is now faster!
>
> If looking for details, check the full list of changes:
> http://www.tightvnc.com/whatsnew.php#2.7.3
>
> And go grab the fresh version! http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php
>
> --
> Best Wishes,
> TightVNC team

> Follow TightVNC on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc
> Get the hottest news from GlavSoft: https://twitter.com/glavsoft

Re: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Marco Gaiarin
Mandi! Nadezhda Ovchinnikova
  In chel di` si favelave...

> New version 2.7.3 of TightVNC is out!

Seems that the compatibility of the (old, i admit) xtightvncviewer
client for UNIX (linux) was lost:

        gaio@lily:~$ xtightvncviewer megan.corsi
        Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8
        Enabling TightVNC protocol extensions
        Performing standard VNC authentication
        Password:
        Authentication successful
        Desktop name "megan"
        VNC server default format:
          32 bits per pixel.
          Least significant byte first in each pixel.
          True colour: max red 255 green 255 blue 255, shift red 16 green 8 blue 0
        Using default colormap which is TrueColor.  Pixel format:
          32 bits per pixel.
          Least significant byte first in each pixel.
          True colour: max red 255 green 255 blue 255, shift red 16 green 8 blue 0
        Incorrect data received from the server.
        gaio@lily:~$

And this is really a problem for me...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

           http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php

Re: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Michael D. Setzer II

From: Brian Schroeder <[hidden email]>
To: Nadezhda Ovchinnikova <[hidden email]>,
        "[hidden email]"
        <[hidden email]>
Subject: RE: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3
Date sent: Thu, 30 May 2013 21:17:47 +0930

> Hi,
>
> I installed this new version on a Windows XP computer, but then was
> not able to access it using TightVNC on a linux box.  I had to
> downgrade back to 2.7.1 - which does work.

Just as a note. I just vnced into a couple of XP machines from my
Fedora Linux machine and upgraded them to 2.7.3 and was able
to connect after the upgrade. Fedora does have tigervnc instead
of tight.

> Brian.

> > Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:49:20 +0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3
> >
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > New version 2.7.3 of TightVNC is out! It brings three improvements
> > to the table.
> >
> > * Fixed compatibility issues with Mac built-in remote desktop and
> > other VNC servers (both for Server and Java Viewer)
> >
> > * Improved Server behavior with Windows (now you can even run a
> > server on a VM and have no worries)
> >
> > * Tight and ZRLE encoding is now faster!
> >
> > If looking for details, check the full list of changes:
> > http://www.tightvnc.com/whatsnew.php#2.7.3
> >
> > And go grab the fresh version! http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php
> >
> > --
> > Best Wishes,
> > TightVNC team

> > Follow TightVNC on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc
> > Get the hottest news from GlavSoft: https://twitter.com/glavsoft

  Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:[hidden email]
  mailto:[hidden email]
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        14948058.323609   |   EINSTEIN    11518119.779852
ROSETTA      7471052.647151   |   ABC         16056655.860093

Re: TightVNC is updated to version 2.7.3

Nadezhda Ovchinnikova
Kevin,

Windows NT 4.0 SP6 is supported in TightVNC 1.3.10 (you can download it here: http://www.tightvnc.com/download-old.php).

And that is the last version to support it, since after it support for this system has been dropped.

31.05.2013 2:48, Kevin Quitt пишет:
Yes, it surely does. TightVNC runs on Windows NT 5.1  6.2, that is:
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
  • Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
29.05.2013 23:26, Kevin Quitt пишет:
Does it run on NT?

So in other words, this version does *not* run under Windows NT.

Is there a version newer than 1.2.4 that will?