Quantcast

TightVNC for iOS?

johncunniff

Hello, Everybody,

I am just wondering, is there a TightVNC for Ios? It would allow me to remotely access to my PC from my Ios device?

Let me know. Thank you very much.

~Johnny J

Re: TightVNC for iOS?

Matthew Kozak-2
Johnny,

There's a ton of VNC-capable apps, but I personally prefer Jump Desktop (well-maintained w/ responsive support folks and also supports RDP as well as ssh tunneling):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-desktop-remote-desktop/id364876095?mt=8
($14.99 at present, but a good example of getting what you pay for...)

FYI,
-Matt

On Sep 28, 2016, at 12:00 AM, John Cunniff <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello, Everybody,

I am just wondering, is there a TightVNC for Ios? It would allow me to remotely access to my PC from my Ios device?

Let me know. Thank you very much.

~Johnny J

Re: TightVNC for iOS?

Matthew Kozak-2
Spoke too soon - looks like the tightVNC folks have an app as well (news to me - I've been using JD forever and this just came out ~2 mos. ago):
...although it's not clear from the description that it supports ssh tunneling?

So, lots of options - Google and decide.

FYI,
-Matt

On Sep 28, 2016, at 12:19 AM, Matthew Kozak <[hidden email]> wrote:

Johnny,

There's a ton of VNC-capable apps, but I personally prefer Jump Desktop (well-maintained w/ responsive support folks and also supports RDP as well as ssh tunneling):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-desktop-remote-desktop/id364876095?mt=8
($14.99 at present, but a good example of getting what you pay for...)

FYI,
-Matt

On Sep 28, 2016, at 12:00 AM, John Cunniff <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello, Everybody,

I am just wondering, is there a TightVNC for Ios? It would allow me to remotely access to my PC from my Ios device?

Let me know. Thank you very much.

~Johnny J

TightVNC Configuration

Matthew Kozak-2
If the systray icon is hidden and the start menu group was deleted, how would one MANUALLY launch the tightVNC Configuration UI (server as a service)?
The tightVNC website says to not hide it or to just go to the START Menu, but alas, that's not always an option!  Surely, there's a way to launch this with cmd.exe, a command and some parameters, no?

Thanks,
-Matt

Re: TightVNC Configuration

B. S.
Take your pick of:

tvnserver -controlservice

tvnserver -configapp

tvnserver -configservice

-----

Found by:

cd /d c:\Prog<tab>
dir *vnc*
cd TightVNC
dir *.exe

<found.exe> /?

On 09/28/2016 04:34 PM, Matthew Kozak wrote:
> If the systray icon is hidden and the start menu group was deleted,
> how would one MANUALLY launch the tightVNC Configuration UI (server
> as a service)? The tightVNC website says to not hide it or to just go
> to the START Menu, but alas, that's not always an option!  Surely,
> there's a way to launch this with cmd.exe, a command and some
> parameters, no?

Re: TightVNC Configuration

niraj pandey
Hello Experts,

Any idea about this error ?

gcc: error: LinuxMachineDefines: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [imake.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vnc-3.3.7-unixsrc/Xvnc/config/imake'
make[1]: *** [imake.bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vnc-3.3.7-unixsrc/Xvnc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

Thanks
Niraj

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:26 AM, B. S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Take your pick of:

tvnserver -controlservice

tvnserver -configapp

tvnserver -configservice

-----

Found by:

cd /d c:\Prog<tab>
dir *vnc*
cd TightVNC
dir *.exe

<found.exe> /?

On 09/28/2016 04:34 PM, Matthew Kozak wrote:
> If the systray icon is hidden and the start menu group was deleted,
> how would one MANUALLY launch the tightVNC Configuration UI (server
> as a service)? The tightVNC website says to not hide it or to just go
> to the START Menu, but alas, that's not always an option!  Surely,
> there's a way to launch this with cmd.exe, a command and some
> parameters, no?

Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet

Re: TightVNC Configuration

niraj pandey
Hello Experts,

Any idea about this error ?

gcc: error: LinuxMachineDefines: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [imake.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vnc-3.3.7-unixsrc/Xvnc/config/imake'
make[1]: *** [imake.bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vnc-3.3.7-unixsrc/Xvnc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

Thanks
Niraj

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:26 AM, B. S. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Take your pick of:

tvnserver -controlservice

tvnserver -configapp

tvnserver -configservice

-----

Found by:

cd /d c:\Prog<tab>
dir *vnc*
cd TightVNC
dir *.exe

<found.exe> /?

On 09/28/2016 04:34 PM, Matthew Kozak wrote:
> If the systray icon is hidden and the start menu group was deleted,
> how would one MANUALLY launch the tightVNC Configuration UI (server
> as a service)? The tightVNC website says to not hide it or to just go
> to the START Menu, but alas, that's not always an option!  Surely,
> there's a way to launch this with cmd.exe, a command and some
> parameters, no?

Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet

Re: help

Matthew Kozak-2

Niraj,

First, please do not hijack threads - you already have an existing thread from the 15th and 16th re: this issue (I am putting it back).

I'm no expert, which is why I did not reply to your thread, but generically-speaking your issue is a compile issue that is not necessarily limited to xvnc, but these old articles may get you started (no answers, but some beginnings to your investigation):

https://archive.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2003-April/038509.html

(old Itanium compile threadbut it describes the issue with LinuxMachineDepends that you also seem to be having)

https://archive.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2001-February/020374.html

(old thread talking about different errors, but looking at gcc or imake or patching, etc.)

You might post to this list more specifics about your system environment and prog versions, in case anyone else has a similar environment to comment.  You might also provide more meaningful output - your original post back on the 15th was the same tail end of the output.  Maybe post the full output, as the real issue may have appeared earlier and this snippet is just the end of it, unless this is literally all you get (if so, copy paste from the build command on).  Hopefully your particular system is supported, unlike this fellow's same error with an ARM system:

https://sourceforge.net/p/vnc-tight/bugs/1013/

From similar threads, it sounds like you're going to have to troubleshoot your environment some more and maybe reach out to folks more familiar with your OS and those mailing lists?  This could become a rabbit hole, so you'll need to dig deeper into the output and just keep Googling in the interim...

-Matt

From: niraj pandey <nirajkumarpandey@gm...> - 2016-09-16 08:11:20