TightVNC does not show remote desktop

NabeJ
I have successfully connected to a remote linux machine. However when i start up the VNC viewer, I simply get a blank screen without the desktop of the remote linux machine.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Thxs,

JNabs

Re: TightVNC does not show remote desktop

Arfin Greebly

I'm afraid what you've given us doesn't offer much of a starting point for
troubleshooting.

Could you provide a little more detail?

Windows-to-Linux?  Linux-to-Linux?

Software versions?  OS versions?

Screen resolution of host and client?

Binary viewer client or Java client?

That should at least get us on the right road.

~~ Garry

----- On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, NabeJ wrote: -----

> I have successfully connected to a remote linux machine. However when i start
> up the VNC viewer, I simply get a blank screen without the desktop of the
> remote linux machine.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this problem.
>
> Thxs,
>
> JNabs

Re: TightVNC does not show remote desktop

NabeJ
ohh thxs for the reply.

I installed TightSVN 2.0.4  on a windows 7 Enterprise machine and it connected and I was able to see the desktop. However I logged out from the connection and shut down my machine. When I tried to connect again, the connection was successful but I now do not have access to desktop of the remote linux machine I have connected to.
I am connecting from windows 7 to a Linux machine. I have also tried to connect from a machine with Ubuntu using TightVNC and I still get the same error.
I am using a Java client and when I connect, I only get the TightVNC screen without the desktop.
 I hope this give more information about the error.
Thxs again for the help.

NabeJ wrote

JNabs

Re: TightVNC does not show remote desktop

NabeJ
I installed TightSVN 2.0.4  on a windows 7 Enterprise machine and it connected and I was able to see the desktop. However I logged out from the connection and shut down my machine. When I tried to connect again, the connection was successful but I now do not have access to desktop of the remote linux machine I have connected to.
I am connecting from windows 7 to a Linux machine. I have also tried to connect from a machine with Ubuntu using TightVNC and I still get the same error.
I am using a Java client and when I connect, I only get the TightVNC screen without the desktop.
 I hope this give more information about the error.

Arfin Greebly wrote