TightVNC Viewer not opening .vnc file - error

TightVNC Viewer not opening .vnc file - error

MarkusS.
Hello,

when opening a .vnc file which i created bevore in thightvnc viewer via "sava session to a .vnc file" it promts the following error:

Error in ThightVNC Viewer: Connection parameters (host, port, socket, gates) is empty.

Version of TightVNC Viewer ist 2.6.4

Anyone help?

Regards,
Markus Sorg

The .vnc file is the following:

[connection]
host=test-pc
port=5991
[options]
use_encoding_1=1
copyrect=1
viewonly=0
fullscreen=0
8bit=0
shared=1
belldeiconify=0
disableclipboard=0
swapmouse=0
fitwindow=0
cursorshape=1
noremotecursor=0
preferred_encoding=7
compresslevel=-1
quality=6
localcursor=1
scale_den=1
scale_num=1
local_cursor_shape=1

Re: TightVNC Viewer not opening .vnc file - error

Raya Shmakova
Hello Markus,

> When opening a .vnc file which i created bevore in thightvnc viewer via
> "sava session to a .vnc file" it promts the following error:
>
> Error in ThightVNC Viewer: Connection parameters (host, port, socket, gates)
> is empty.
>
> Version of TightVNC Viewer ist 2.6.4

We've checked this configuration, it worked well with "test-ps" and port 5901.

The problem can be in the name of the host. At the moment, unicode in the
host name isn't supported and some special characters are filtered.

Best Regards,
Raya Shmakova
GlavSoft LLC.

Re: TightVNC Viewer not opening .vnc file - error

thiagocrepaldi
The same error happened to me. I provided valid host/port but I get the error.

My vnc file is:

[connection]
host=192.168.1.100
port=5900
[options]
use_encoding_1=1
copyrect=1
viewonly=0
fullscreen=0
8bit=0
shared=1
belldeiconify=0
disableclipboard=0
swapmouse=0
fitwindow=0
cursorshape=1
noremotecursor=0
preferred_encoding=7
compresslevel=-1
quality=6
localcursor=1
scale_den=1
scale_num=1
local_cursor_shape=1

If I change the IP for the hosntname, it will return the same error too

Re: TightVNC Viewer not opening .vnc file - error

solid
I found out the answer, try to update the register as follow:

make a .reg file by a text tool, content are :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\tvnviewer.exe\shell\open\command]
@="\"The\\Path\\Where\\Your\\tvnviewer.exe\\is" -optionsfile=\"%1\""

then import this reg file into windows register and it will be ok again.