TightVNC Questions

Dustin Hamilton

I’m rather new to TightVNC but I do have two questions I’d really like to get some feedback on:

1)    None of the PCs I’ve used this on (v1.3.9) ever blank the host while in use even though the selection is marked. Using the Mirage driver seems to have no effect on this whatsoever. What gives – how do I get the host-blanking to work?

2)    I have a three personal PCs behind a router at home I’d like to control from my work... what would be the recommended port configuration for running three TightVNC servers behind a router (single IP)?

Thanks!

Dustin Hamilton : Quest Software

QC Analyst II / Usability Engineer

RE: TightVNC Questions

Dustin Hamilton

I don’t know either on #1 – I just turn it on and try it and it doenst work... at least 5~6 PCs I can think of don’t work with it. Actually, I’ve never seen a single PC blank the host while in use with that option marked. :\  Open to ideas.

On #2 – I cant really do a VPN since my router doesn’t support it...