TightVNC Problem

Rohit Saluja

Hi all

I have am facing a issue in Tight VNC , If someone can help it will be  appreciated.

Problem:

I am accessing a server (Windows Server 2008, Tight VNC Server installed ) from my desktop using Tight VNC View.  Everything is working fine except one problem . I am remoting other servers from that VNC session using Microsoft remote desktop connection and when I do  Caps lock of keyboard is not working. I am not able to type Caps letter and special characters.

Regards

Rohit Saluja

Copyright Policy: Except where otherwise stated, the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the contents and any files transmitted with this email (including but not limited to, designs, texts, and layout) are the property of Ministry of Oil and Gas. As such, they may not be reproduced, transmitted, or altered, in anyway whatsoever howsoever, without the express written permission of Ministry of Oil and Gas.

Disclaimer: Ministry of Oil and Gas, assumes no responsibility for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information contained in this email and any files transmitted with it, nor for the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or reasonableness of any material contained herein. Ministry of Oil and Gas also disclaims liability for any errors in , or omissions from, such information and materials.

Confidential Policy: This email and any files transmitted it contain information, which may be confidential and proprietary information of Ministry of Oil and Gas. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding or printing of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by returning the email at the address above and delete all copies from your system. Thank for your cooperation. Ministry of Oil and Gas.

Re: TightVNC Problem

Arfin Greebly

I have had similar keyboard "sticky shift/state key" problems in the past.

Sometimes the only solution is to go to the remote machine (the host) and manually tap keys.

For example, if the host computer's NumLock key is on, but the client machine NumLock key is off, it can be difficult to get the correct numbers shift state remotely.

What I do when a host machine refuses to shift/caps/num lock as needed is go to the host machine keyboard, tap the caps lock key on/off, tap the num lock key on/off, and tap each state key (shift, ctrl, alt) twice.  Generally, during this process, whichever state key was "logically latched" by the host computer becomes "unlatched" and I can then control the state remotely.

I don't know if there's any way VNC can override a stuck shift/state key, as it's a problem with the OS where a key release is not detected and the OS still thinks a key is held down.

I refer to this strange ritual (tapping shift/state keys) as the "keyboard dance."

I don't have to do it often, but when it's needed, it's pretty much the only thing that will work.

Hope this helps,

~~ Garry

----- On 05/14/2013 09:44 PM, Rohit Saluja wrote: -----

[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/alienvault_d2d

RE: TightVNC Problem

Rohit Saluja

Hi Garry

Thanks for your inputs.  As I am using all virtual servers so don’t have any option to manually tapping the keys of servers.

It works fine in Realvnc , so I guess there is something needs to be done by Tight VNC developers to fix the issue.

Regards

Rohit

Re: TightVNC Problem

hhcb

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution or did use an other VNC-tool now?

Regards
Heinz