TightVNC Crashing on WinXP Machine

Gerard Seibert-2
Using TightVNC-1.3.9 on FreeBSD-6.3 and a WinXP machine. When using
TightVNC from the WinXP machine to view the FreeBSD PC, I quite
frequently receive this error message:

Unhandled SetColormap message type received!

on the WinXP machine. At that point, the program terminates on the
WinXP machine. This has become somewhat of an annoyance. It seems to
happen when the FreeBSD machine is running a 'screen saver', although I
have not positively confirmed that as of yet.

Is this a known problem and if so, what, if anything, can I do to
alleviate it?

Thanks!

--

Gerard
[hidden email]

Learning without thought is labor lost;
thought without learning is perilous.

        Confucius

Re: TightVNC Crashing on WinXP Machine

Janno Liivak
Saatsin Laurile edasi.

... ja natuke mõtlen selle kuupäeva peale.

j.

On Feb 7, 2008 4:02 PM, Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:00:43 +0200
"Janno Liivak" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[reformatted]

> On Feb 7, 2008 4:02 PM, Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Using TightVNC-1.3.9 on FreeBSD-6.3 and a WinXP machine. When using
> > TightVNC from the WinXP machine to view the FreeBSD PC, I quite
> > frequently receive this error message:
> >
> > Unhandled SetColormap message type received!
> >
> > on the WinXP machine. At that point, the program terminates on the
> > WinXP machine. This has become somewhat of an annoyance. It seems to
> > happen when the FreeBSD machine is running a 'screen saver',
> > although I have not positively confirmed that as of yet.
> >
> > Is this a known problem and if so, what, if anything, can I do to
> > alleviate it?

> Saatsin Laurile edasi.
>
> ... ja natuke mõtlen selle kuupäeva peale.
>
> j.

Please resist the temptation to 'top post'. It makes following a thread
far more difficult than it needs to be. Losing the HTML would be
appreciated also.

I am sorry; however, I do not speak or read what ever language that
response is written in.

--

Gerard
[hidden email]

What makes us so bitter against people who outwit us
is that they think themselves cleverer than we are.

Re: TightVNC Crashing on WinXP Machine

Hello Gerard,

> Using TightVNC-1.3.9 on FreeBSD-6.3 and a WinXP machine. When using
> TightVNC from the WinXP machine to view the FreeBSD PC, I quite
> frequently receive this error message:
>
> Unhandled SetColormap message type received!
>
> on the WinXP machine. At that point, the program terminates on the
> WinXP machine. This has become somewhat of an annoyance. It seems to
> happen when the FreeBSD machine is running a 'screen saver', although I
> have not positively confirmed that as of yet.
>
> Is this a known problem and if so, what, if anything, can I do to
> alleviate it?

This should have been fixed in the next version of TightVNC. The viewer
will read and ignore SetColourMapEntries messages instead of terminating
the viewer on receiving one.