Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Nishan Perera

Hi all,

I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this problem?

Thank you
NishanDISCLAIMER
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute store, print, copy or
deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail and any
attachments from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
Thank you.

Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Florian HEGRON

Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera :

> Hi all,
>
> I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and
> it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not
> connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this
> problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nishan

Hello Nishan,

What is your physical configuration ? What is between your two machines
(a switch, a router, a WAN, etc.) ?

Did you restart the service ? Did you restart your server ?

Give us as much information as possible.

Bye !

Hogren

Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Nishan Perera

Hi Hogren,

The server is behind a firewall.
My Computer (TVNC viewer) ---->Switch---->Firewall----> Windows Server 2012 R Server (TVNC server)

Yes I tried restarting service. Also completely un-install TVNC server and re installed. Windows registry cleanup done. Still no progress.
Previous IP address was on different switch+ different VLAN. Current IP address is on different VLAN+switch.

Thank you
Nishan

Inactive hide details for Hogren ---02/09/2016 03:29:08 PM---Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera : >Hogren ---02/09/2016 03:29:08 PM---Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera : >

From: Hogren <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 02/09/2016 03:29 PM
Subject: Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera :

> Hi all,
>
> I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and
> it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not
> connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this
> problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nishan

Hello Nishan,

What is your physical configuration ? What is between your two machines
(a switch, a router, a WAN, etc.) ?

Did you restart the service ? Did you restart your server ?

Give us as much information as possible.

Bye !

Hogren

DISCLAIMER
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute store, print, copy or
deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail and any
attachments from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
Thank you.

Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Florian HEGRON
Nishan,

It's may be a configuration line to change in Firewall.
Enter in your Firewall administration interface and change all line concerning the old IP address. Enter the new IP address in place of the old.

Bye,
Hogren

From: Hogren [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: 02/09/2016 03:29 PM

Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera :

> Hi all,
>
> I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and
> it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not
> connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this
> problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nishan

Hello Nishan,

What is your physical configuration ? What is between your two machines
(a switch, a router, a WAN, etc.) ?

Did you restart the service ? Did you restart your server ?

Give us as much information as possible.

Bye !

Hogren

DISCLAIMER
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute store, print, copy or
deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail and any
attachments from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
Thank you.

Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Patrick Shoaf
Could also be a DNS problem.  If trying to connect by Name, try by IP.  Can you ping or reach other items on 2012 Server?  VNC and Remote Desktop are not happy with one another.  I have lost VNC connections anytime someone opens a RDP session to a Windows machine.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

From: Hogren [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: 02/09/2016 03:29 PM

Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera :

> Hi all,
>
> I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and
> it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not
> connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this
> problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nishan

Hello Nishan,

What is your physical configuration ? What is between your two machines
(a switch, a router, a WAN, etc.) ?

Did you restart the service ? Did you restart your server ?

Give us as much information as possible.

Bye !

Hogren

DISCLAIMER
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute store, print, copy or
deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail and any
attachments from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
Thank you.

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Tight VNC not responding after IP change( Windows Server 2012 R2)

Jean-Louis Oneto
It could be a NAT redirection of port 5900 (or whaever port your server is listening on) which need to be updated on your routeur/firewall.
Best regards
Jean-Louis

From: Hogren [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: 02/09/2016 03:29 PM

Le 09/02/2016 04:28, Nishan Perera :

> Hi all,
>
> I have install Tight VNC latest version on Windows Server 2012 R2 and
> it was working fine. Later I change the IP address (IPV 4) now can not
> connect with the server using Tight VNC viewer. How can I correct this
> problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nishan

Hello Nishan,

What is your physical configuration ? What is between your two machines
(a switch, a router, a WAN, etc.) ?

Did you restart the service ? Did you restart your server ?

Give us as much information as possible.

Bye !

Hogren

DISCLAIMER
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute store, print, copy or
deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail and any
attachments from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
Thank you.

Jean-Louis Oneto
email: [hidden email]