Tight VNC listening Mode

Gerry-31
Great improvement over VNC 4.2....question....pls tell me specifically about the reason & fuction of the "listening mode" in viewer?  Thankyou for your great work.  Gerry

Spiral_notebook.jpg (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Tight VNC listening Mode

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Gerry,

> pls tell me specifically about the reason & fuction of the "listening
> mode" in viewer?  Thankyou for your great work.  Gerry

When the viewer is in the listening mode, it can accept connections from
a VNC server. In that case, connections are initiated by the server, not
the viewer. This can be used to bypass firewalls. For example, in the
TightVNC Server for Windows, there is an item "Add new client" in the
tray menu. Using that menu command, one can connect his/her server to a
listening viewer.