Tight VNC doesn't allow cut-and-paste

Ross, Brian-2
I'm using TightVNC on my PC and various vnc on my unix/linux servers.  However, I appear unable to cut-and-paste between the two.  Is this feature supported by TightVNC?

Cheers

Brian Ross

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the
addressee only. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and
destroy any copies you may have taken of the email and its attachments.
Duplication or further distribution by hardcopy, by electronic means
or verbally is not permitted without permission.

Re: Tight VNC doesn't allow cut-and-paste

Rohit Patil
Brian, Depending on the version of VNC, you may need to run vncconfig
on the server. You can check if your installation of VNC has this
program. If installed correctly then you can even 'man vncconfig'.

-Rohit.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Ross, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using TightVNC on my PC and various vnc on my unix/linux servers.  However, I appear unable to cut-and-paste between the two.  Is this feature supported by TightVNC?
>
> Cheers
>
> Brian Ross
>

> This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the
> addressee only. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify
> the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and
> destroy any copies you may have taken of the email and its attachments.
> Duplication or further distribution by hardcopy, by electronic means
> or verbally is not permitted without permission.

Re: Tight VNC doesn't allow cut-and-paste

Hello Brian,

> I'm using TightVNC on my PC and various vnc on my unix/linux servers.
> However, I appear unable to cut-and-paste between the two.  Is this
> feature supported by TightVNC?

Yes, it is supported. However, there are many types of selections /
clipboards / cut-text-buffers in Unix/Linux, so things are not always
properly interoperable.

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Re: Tight VNC doesn't allow cut-and-paste

John Serink
I run TVNC on my windows boxes. If I try and administer them using vncviewer on my linux box, I can send the clip board to the windoze box but I can't get the clipboard back. The work around is to use the vnc enterprise client from vnc.com. This won't allow you to do tight compression but it solves the clipboard issues, cut and paste work fine from the linux client and the tvnc server on the wondoze box and vis-versa. For file transfers I use sftp since I always tunnel tvnc through ssh so the sftp server is there with freesshd on the windoze boxes.

Cheers,
John