Tight VNC development, recruitment

Madhusudhana Gargesha
Hi,
We are BioInVision, Inc., an early stage startup in Cleveland, Ohio, United States, working in the area of biological imaging. We are currently evaluating Tight VNC as an option for remotely accessing 3D visualizations of biological specimens generated at our host machine. Our remote users (i.e. collaborators on projects) that connect to our host machine would like minimal degradation in graphics quality. We believe Tight VNC already has many features that are in our wish list. We would, however, like some additional enhancements to Tight VNC that suits our needs.

We would ideally like to recruit developers for making functionality enhancements to Tight VNC that are customized for BioInVision. If interested, please reply to [hidden email].

Few of the additional features we desire are briefly described below:

(1) Ability to automatically change JPEG compression level/ quality based on currently available bandwidth
(2) Progressive refinement of screen image, i.e., when there is high user activity, a low quality screen image is provided which switches to highest possible quality when the user lets go of the mouse and becomes idle.
(3) Sending GPU output to remote user instead of desktop screen.
(4) Copying of files on host machine to remote client computer.

Best Regards,
Madhu Gargesha
Madhusudhana Gargesha, PhD
Senior Software Engineer,