Storing Saved Connections

Jim Redasky

Hello,

Does anyone know of any way to “rename” the Saved Connections as personal names instead of IP’s ?

Thank You,

Jim

Re: Storing Saved Connections

Arfin Greebly

Jim,

Off the top of my head, I don't know of a way within TVNC to do that,
however I keep an updated hosts file (on Linux: /etc/hosts, or for
Windows: C:\winnt\system32\drivers\hosts).

Since I connect to my assorted targets using the names stored in hosts, my
saved connections is just a list of those names (some of which have a
display number attached).

For example, my connection to my workstation at the office is stored in my
hosts file as: "111.222.333.000   officedesk", and when I scroll through
my connections, the item shows as "officedesk:45" (which accesses the
session running there at port 5945).

Hope this is useful.

~~ Garry

----- On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Jim Redasky wrote: -----

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of any way to rename the Saved Connections as personal
> names instead of IPs ?
>

> Thank You,
>
> Jim

RE: Storing Saved Connections