Starting Xvnc version 3.3.tight1.2.9 so that no user password is requested

Starting Xvnc version 3.3.tight1.2.9 so that no user password is requested

david feldman-2

My linux distribution includes:

Xvnc version 3.3.tight1.2.9

I need to start Xvnc server in a mode that has no user password required. There is a shell script included (vncserver) that starts Xvnc, but it (vncserver) takes great pains to ensure that a password file is present and available, which is exactly the opposite of the configuration I need. The script has no means to allow operation without password.

In Xvnc version 4, I accomplish this with "-SecurityTypes none", but that parameter is not present in the version I now need to use.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Dave