Standalone VNC server with TightVNC

Renato Candido
Hello,

I am looking for a simple standalone VNC server. Something that does not need to be installed on WIndows and could be ran just by clicking on an icon. It doesn't need any "reverse connection controls", just the usual VNC service. I intend to use it with SSH (and its reverse connection capabilities) to develop a remote support solution.

The problem is that I did not find any VNC server matching these needs...

I'd like to know if it is possible to use tightvncserver this way...
Or at least if I could compile a minimal version of it to work like this.

By now, the best solution I've found is libvncserver, which enables to build a vnc server from scratch. But I think there are easier solutions...

Thanks,

[]'s

Renato.

Re: Standalone VNC server with TightVNC

Aaron Mason
Hi Renato

You could write a batch file that restores the registry keys required,
fires up VNC Server, then cleans up afterwards - that would make it
nicely portable.

I did something similar with a WinPE image - in the startnet.cmd file
I had it restore the registry keys for the passwords, then fire up the
server.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Renato Candido <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a simple standalone VNC server. Something that does not
> need to be installed on WIndows and could be ran just by clicking on an
> icon. It doesn't need any "reverse connection controls", just the usual VNC
> service. I intend to use it with SSH (and its reverse connection
> capabilities) to develop a remote support solution.
>
> The problem is that I did not find any VNC server matching these needs...
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to use tightvncserver this way...
> Or at least if I could compile a minimal version of it to work like this.
>
> By now, the best solution I've found is libvncserver, which enables to build
> a vnc server from scratch. But I think there are easier solutions...
>
> Thanks,
>
> []'s
>
> Renato.

Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse